Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Home Roasted Coffee

Well, this is my 3rd blog, on some of the interest I have. I am trying to keep my blogs clean and organized, thats why I have them in seperate catagories.

I have been roasting coffee since Nov' 08. I got interested nearly a year before Dec 07. My Uncle was looking around for a cheap way to roast and buy coffee beans. He was really into coffee and had upgraded from his coffee maker, so I got his.

I was buying stuff on amazon over the summer, and I finally got a popcorn popper. Not the best to use for coffee, but I made it work. :)

I emailed my Uncle to ask where he bought his beans. It was from http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/
Local to me, and so it caught my eye. I ordered from them, and got the beans Thanksgiving week, when we had cousins and uncles together. So I got to roast coffee every night for the morning, making it very fun!

I bought 12 pounds of coffee, which will probably last me a year. I don't drink it except on sunday, or when we have someone over. I found I am more of a social drinker.

I then met someone who also roasted her own coffee and was just starting making wine. Roasting coffee is a fun experince, you get the coffee as light or as dark as you like, and it really does make a difference, having fresh roasted coffee!

So if you are interested check out the website, also if you want to buy a popcorn popper because of the price you can email me about it, or do some research on it. I think their is a place called sweet maria's, that talks about it.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment